|Volume 1, Chapter 1|
|Anime episodes||Episode 1|
For the episode that shares the same title, refer to Start.
START, is the first chapter of Btooom. It introduces the main protagonist, Sakamoto, a 22 year old japanese man. Sakamoto has found a new love for a game called "Btooom!", a first person shooter game where the objective is to kill ones enemys, but with bombs. After reaching the number 10 spot in the world, Sakamoto finds himself on a mysterious island.
- The game Btooom! is both shown in the actual storyline and later explained at the back of the chapter.
- Ryōta Sakamoto, our main character is introduced as being in the top 10 greatest players in the world.
- Ryōta Sakamoto recollects a short-narrative to go along with his introduction along with the encounter with his mother, Yukie Sakamoto.
- Ryōta Sakamoto awakes on a unknown island with amnesia and a sack of timers.
- The first enemy shows up after him finding himself on the island.